2013-06-03

The lavender of Provence

When I was in the UK, I frequently found myself having to cover my nose when my refined olfactory glands detected the whiff of artificial air fresheners.  In France, we are disgusted by the idea of anything artificial and we hold to the view that unnatural air fresheners are poisonous and only a small step up from nerve gas.


Here in France, we only do the real thing.  Us French women love nothing better to go to the market and buy some French lavender from Provence.  The fact that we do this is a mark of how cultured we are.


With summer upon us, you can bet I will be spending lots of time in the lavender fields of Provence.  Paris is wonderful with its sophistication not found anywhere else in the world (save for perhaps Marseille!), but sometimes the rat race becomes too much and I find I need to steel my wall by going to the lavender fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog Impossibly Dainty French Woman where I tell everyone how wonderful we Frenchwomen are and how to be impossibly perfect and thin like us. Feel free to comment here or e-mail me on mariannegaboriault@gmail.com .