2013-06-07

Café culture

Another way in which we French are far more stylish than our Anglo-Saxon cousins is the way we gingerly sip drinks in cafés.  Visiting cafés is something only yuppies tend to do in the USA, but the fact that café culture has been so ingrained in French life for such a long time now is a sign of how we are genuinely sophisticated and not just a bunch of upstarts.  See this picture below of a café scene in Maubourguet near the Pyrenees.


When I need affirmation about how stylish I am as a French woman, I tend to go into a café, buy the drink with the most unpronounceable name on the menu, sit watching the world go by and think about how vulgar and unstylish Anglo-Saxon people are.  I (sometimes reluctantly, as this disgusts me) picture this image of some overweight American swigging from a 3 litre bottle of Diet Coke, thinking that the fact that it is the "diet" variety will cause him or her to lose weight.


Why is it that women in other nations are so ignorant of how effortlessly perfect we French women are and why can't they slavishly replicate our example of stylishness, weighing almost nothing and generally being perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog Impossibly Dainty French Woman where I tell everyone how wonderful we Frenchwomen are and how to be impossibly perfect and thin like us. Feel free to comment here or e-mail me on mariannegaboriault@gmail.com .