2013-06-01

Being sophisticated with fats

One thing I think contributes to making us French women effortlessly sophisticated is the fact that we do spreads properly.  When I first went to the USA and I tried a piece of toast with Crisco on, I was so disgusted by the taste that I had to spit it out and spend half an hour washing out the disgusting taste from my mouth.  Ooh la la!


However, here in France, we do things properly.  We only eat real butter, no margarine or anything like that, even though the inventor of the disgusting stuff (Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès) was French.


Here in France, we have an impossibly thin slither of butter on our toast in the mornings: - this gives us an unrivalled and extremely pure sensation of pleasure.  I pity those poor people in the Anglo-Saxon world who don't know the different between poisonous margarine and real butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog Impossibly Dainty French Woman where I tell everyone how wonderful we Frenchwomen are and how to be impossibly perfect and thin like us. Feel free to comment here or e-mail me on mariannegaboriault@gmail.com .