2013-06-01

Comté

Cheese is a food with a notable saturated fat content, yet we French women eat it without any feelings of guilt whatsoever, given that we eat such dainty portions.  Actually, we don't eat it, we cut off dainty shavings and allow them to dissolve on our discerning tongues.

In my last post, I talked about France's LGV network.  The most recently opened LGV in France is the LGV Rhine-Rhône, which covers most of the route between Dijon and Mulhouse.  Close to the eastern end of the line is a station called Belfort-Montbéliard.


Belfort-Montbéliard is situated at the heart of the region that produces one of France's best known cheeses called Comté.  The LGV Rhine-Rhône allows me to easily travel to this area (4h18m is the quickest direct journey, though this will come down in time as and when new sections of LGV come into service) and remind myself of how sophisticated I am.  I buy Comté and shave off dainty slithers of the stuff, before allowing it to dissolve on my tongue.  It is fun to do this in front of Anglo-Saxon fatties and tell them I am full after just a few tiny slithers!  Vive la France!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog Impossibly Dainty French Woman where I tell everyone how wonderful we Frenchwomen are and how to be impossibly perfect and thin like us. Feel free to comment here or e-mail me on mariannegaboriault@gmail.com .